DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bachelor and Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and after working in high-tech for almost 5 years I was ready to get out. I had worked for a corporate giant (Hardware Engineer) then a start-up company (Software Engineer) and loved the small company culture where my contributions had a huge impact, not to mention having my hands in many technologies.

Not long after being acquired by a larger corporate giant I realized how much I don't like the high-tech corporate world. There is too much bureaucracy making it difficult to get things done, and it is far too easy to be pigeon holed into very specific, mind-numbing work.

Though I had to maintain a poker face, as it was somber occasion affecting many people with mortgages and USA work visas, I was thrilled to be chosen for layoff at my last place of employment. I took my severance package and decided to travel the world while focusing on personal development in areas outside of engineering.

Three years flew by before I decided to rejoin the work force when I chose a start-up company here in Bali, Indonesia that is focused on building villas. I plan to bring my skills in electronics, image recognition, analog and digital circuitry, software, and my affinity for environmental protection to this company.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome Tim, I do so envy the traveling you were able to do. It is also fun to see this site has impact even as far as Bali. Too Cool. I am sure you will learn alot here and also be able to contribute much with your background. Glad you joined.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts