DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a serious electrical wiring problem and came here for help because I'm quite a fan of forums. When my wife and I bought a Toyota Sienna in 2004, I luckily found SiennaChat, a terrific DIY forum. When I retired in 2006 I looked for a seniors forum and settled in Worldwide Seniors. When we bought a small used rental motorhome, I spent a lot of time on RV.net and learned all I needed to understand and maintain that interesting vehicle. Best mod was installing a solar panel which provides all the electric energy we need.

We live in northern Alberta, Canada at about 58 degrees north lattitude, just east of Dawson Creek, BC - mile zero of the Alaska Highway. Small town living naturally leads to DIY and helping each other. I taught school for nearly 30 years, teaching math, physics and computer use. In the early days I helped fellow teachers computer skills, including writing little programs for their students to practise simple exercises in a more fun way than dittoed worksheets. I eventually wrote a program called, "The Teacher's Marksheet" which was used by most local teachers to keep track of student marks.

I enjoy doing my own oil changes and various other maintenance.

We wanted a sun room addition to our house about 5 years ago. Hired a carpenter who quit when the temperature fell to 30 below zero (C) and heavy snow on the base. DW and our almost adult daughter got to work, finished the walls. Then, in January it rained steadily so we had to build a roof. Friends helped a lot with trusses and metal roofing. After that, everything seemed easier. We finished it all in about a year right down to drywall, wiring and lights with compliments from the building inspector.

I look forward to interesting things on this forum and will really enjoy any help I can give! Incidentally, if you find it difficult to post pictures, the website I use on all those other forums works very well. Just go to
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3
drag a jpg photo file from your computer to the box on the page, or click the "Select" button to choose a photo on a phone or tablet. The website automatically reduces the photo to an appropriate size for forums and creates a

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry, I have to comment, shot posts get more attention, Additional details can be added once you catch our attention :) (bait and then set the hook)

Anyway, glad to have you here.

Bud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts