DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there all. I have a confession to make:

I suck at DIY. My heart is in it, I can read about it, but the execution... not so much. I am glad to have found a site like this where I can hobnob with those that would help me.

A little about me: A couple of years ago my wife and I made the mistake of letting our neighbor do all the renovations in our house. That included tiling, hardwood flooring, stairs, a shower, and new additions to our rooms.

In turn, the "renovations" are falling apart. It's a real Mike Holmes story, (except I would DIE if the guy came here...)

All the tile grout is falling out, the thinset wasn't placed properly, he used BRAD nails to keep the hardwood stairs in, the hardwood floor is buckling... I could go on and on.

Long story short - we're out 30K from this yahoo - and it looks like I will be the one to fix the problems, a bit at a time.

I am going to be posting a thread soon about my latest DIY nightma... err... project. I hope that I can gain a little confidence here to make the DIY a success, and have something that I will be proud to show again.

·
11,730 Posts
Welcome, just start posting!

It's still standing, and it's yours!

Gary

·
Banned
4,226 Posts
The hardest part is getting over the fear.

Beware though..I also got ripped off, vowed never again, found this site and got hooked. Be prepared to soak up the free flowing info like a sponge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts