DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heat pump (Panasonic) has a built in frost cycle. Where I live, in winter, it gets frost every night and sometimes all day, and the heat pump constantly turns itself off, to defrost the outside motor. Is there any way that cycle can be turned off?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
You might have better luck if you try the HVAC section. Model #'s, etc... really help when trying to make a long distance diagnosis.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My heat pump (Panasonic) has a built in frost cycle. Where I live, in winter, it gets frost every night and sometimes all day, and the heat pump constantly turns itself off, to defrost the outside motor. Is there any way that cycle can be turned off?
Why would you want to turn the defrost cycle off? If you did that, the outdoor coil would freeze completely over and it would no longer be able to move air through it and therefore not heat your home.

When it goes into defrost their should be electric auxiliary heat strips in the indoor portion that kick on and heat your home while the outdoor unit is defrosting itself. If this isn't happening then your system is not wired correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts