DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Do you think adding some lights would make the computer and table area look better in my room? I'm looking for some advice on how to decorate my room with a computer table. I will attach screenshots that I watched on Tiktok for reference. I really like the artwork however I do not know whether I should decorate with it or not.

Here are some pictures of what it currently looks like.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Naildriver
13,404 Posts
I am a purist, so to answer your question, those lights are too artsy fartsy. If you need light to see by, introduce good room lighting. What purpose would the lights serve except for aesthetics.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I recently added strip lights around my monitors. It adds a sense of décor without being too fancy. Also it eliminates the need to use a full blown overhead light or desk lamp when those might be annoying. The only problem I see is they don't stick all that well. It takes an extremely clean surface and even then I had to use tape to make them adhere.
Here are my strip lights. Not sure how well you can see them during day light hours. But at night they do a good job.

·
Super moderator
1,647 Posts
do it - if you don't like it, change it to something else (it ain't the Space Shuttle)

·
Big Dog
3,215 Posts
A lot of my work is done on my computer so my lighting (and desktop setup) is conducive to that.
That being said, I concur with John. If you like the light-strips, go for it, if you don't, change it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts