DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the hardwood floor crew come in to refinish the hardwood floors (with water based coats). One guy told me that it is a 3-4 day job and one one can walk on it til the last coat is dry (24 hours after last application). My main question is can I place my furniture back on the hardwoods after that 24 hour timespan?? I have a large area rug too that goes in the dining room and then my heavy furniture goes on it and around it. I am assuming that I can place it on the floors after the 24 hour period...??? I guess I figure if I can walk on it, I can put my furniture back. kwim??? The floor guy also said that the floors would be 90-95 % cured at that time. Another thing... I have painters planned to come ~36 hours after the hardwood guys leave. Would there be issues if the painters put their rossen (sp??) paper down on all floors for 5 days while they paint our interior? Would it do something to the hardwoods???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.