DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Any of you know how to get rid of hard water spots on a glass surface without scratching it. I bought a water faucet and really like it but I can't find a way to get rid of the hard water spots on the glass surface.

Thanks for any advice!

Hood Bumper Vehicle door Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
14,125 Posts
With a hard water problem i recommend stopping by a janitor supply and purchasing 2 items . 1) hottie pottie ( maybe not by that name ) but a 32 % acid for the toilets and 2) a lesser acid at 12% for stainless or lavatories or any other surface that has metal ( lav stoppers as an example ).

They'll know what you're talking about .

With the calcium deposit on that glass a dozen drops of 12% will take care of that . For toilets , 2 Tbl. spoons of 32% will do those on a weekly basis when most of the water is expelled from the toilet . For toilets run the bath exhaust fan for those if possible .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With a hard water problem i recommend stopping by a janitor supply and purchasing 2 items . 1) hottie pottie ( maybe not by that name ) but a 32 % acid for the toilets and 2) a lesser acid at 12% for stainless or lavatories or any other surface that has metal ( lav stoppers as an example ).

They'll know what you're talking about .

With the calcium deposit on that glass a dozen drops of 12% will take care of that . For toilets , 2 Tbl. spoons of 32% will do those on a weekly basis when most of the water is expelled from the toilet . For toilets run the bath exhaust fan for those if possible .

Thanks for the advice!

I found this website but not sure which acid you are referring to:

·
Registered
14,125 Posts
Thanks for the advice!

I found this website but not sure which acid you are referring to:

When possible , i prefer the phosphoric
COPIED :
For a number of years phosphoric acid has been marketed as a safer alternative to the historically “common” hydrochloric acid. Hydrochloric acid is an extremely volatile acid that not only acts very aggressively with many building products but also emits a vapour that does almost the same damage as the liquid itself.

When reading the details of those in the link you provided , i believe we are to purchase those by the case of 12 .
Copied: Qt., 12/cs

This is the reason i prefer to purchase at a local supply .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When possible , i prefer the phosphoric
COPIED :
For a number of years phosphoric acid has been marketed as a safer alternative to the historically “common” hydrochloric acid. Hydrochloric acid is an extremely volatile acid that not only acts very aggressively with many building products but also emits a vapour that does almost the same damage as the liquid itself.

When reading the details of those in the link you provided , i believe we are to purchase those by the case of 12 .
Copied: Qt., 12/cs

This is the reason i prefer to purchase at a local supply .

What about these products on Amazon to clean hard water spots, I did a search on Amazon for "acid base cleaner":

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would not be attempting to mix anything myself.

There exist glass polish water spot removers for car detailing that work a treat. A bit hard to find in my neck of the woods, so I periodically order a new bottle online.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CLR™ or vinegar. Cheap and both work. CLR™ works better than vinegar. Faster to.
Are you talking about this CLR:

·
Registered
88 Posts
The best product that I have ever used for removing hardwater stains is A1 Hardwater Stain Remover. It's available from Amazon and it works. I have used it to clean glass doors from Florida coast that had been replaced due to extreme water stains on the glass.
This is the product of choice at a number of glass factories that I am aware of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts