DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a replacement toilet seat for my toilet. It has a bar that is attached to the holes where a "normal" seat would go. And the seat is attached to the bar with two hinges.

There is no branding on the toilet, though I am certain it is of european design and manufacturer. It has the look of an Eljer toilet as a comparison.

Can anyone of you help me identify it and if possible source a replacement seat?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
have you checked the center to center measurement of the bolts that hold it to the toilet? if its the same as a regular seat just replace it with a new soft close seat.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
have you checked the center to center measurement of the bolts that hold it to the toilet? if its the same as a regular seat just replace it with a new soft close seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. yes I have tried to replace the toilet seat and the holes are not standard (US) so cover you would buy in HomeDepot etal do not fit.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
look inside the tank and the underside of the tank lid. most manufacturers stamp something right into the ceramic. dont know about the european ones tho. what is the center to center measurement of the bolts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts