DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the nails you can purchase at harbor freight any good? i am going to start a small roofing project and for the price, the harbor freight roofing nails seem to be a great buy. But if for any reason they are no good I will get a better brand. If they are not a good brand, can your recommend one?

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
After returning nails made in "who knows where" after half the !#@!$#% box bent in half, I found and used only Maze nails to finish building my home. Made in the USA.

http://www.mazenails.com/

I have no affiliation with this company, I just like their nails! Not one bent nail yet!
(OK, ok... ONE..... but the one that hit that through-bolt doesn't count. :laughing: )

DM

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
Harbor Freight fasteners are probably no worse than box store high margin brands. That said, don't skimp on fasteners. Those that fracture, break, bend or whatever are really not saving you any money and they are dangerous short term an over their lifetime in place.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
if it was a dog house for fido :wink: sure but your home hit the HD and go with 3/4" long ones for the roofing tiles.i bought the mini fuses mixed box for cars and hvac controls and they sent me a return request because some where not rated correctly or labeled...i don't think so a short is a short flat roof cape cod pitched be carefull:whistling2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts