DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to hang some blinds in a room. In the attached picture you can see the top right-hand corner of the window. The holes labeled 'A' are where the blinds were hanging when we moved in - they were held up by fittings which were just screwed straight into the window frame.

The holds labeled 'B' and 'C' are where I thought I could do the same thing - drill a small hole and then just screw straight into the window frame. It didn't work.

As I drilled the holes it felt like I went through the drywall, then through nothing for an inch or so, then into wood at the very end, as if there were a gap between the drywall and the wood frame. Does that make any sense?

I'm no DIY expert, so I don't have any idea how the window frame is constructed - I thought there would be a wood frame that I could just screw into. Apparently not.

So now I can't just screw straight into the wood frame, and since it seems the gap between the drywall and the wood is pretty small, I don't think I can use a toggle bolt or anything similar, either.

So how can I hang these blinds? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Longer screws or if the blinds aren't real heavy plastic anchors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts