DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how to hang window boxes. The problem I am having is that there is about an inch of concrete under each sill that protrudes from the brick wall.

I want the top of the window box to be level with the bottom of the window, but these concrete slabs are making it difficult, as there aren't any brackets that I know of that I can buy that will be flush against the wall of the house. The slabs are about 3 inches tall but any bracket is much longer than that.

I have thought about just having boxes be level with the bottom of the concrete slab, but my wife doesn't like how that will look, and she's probably right. I have also wondered if there is a product out there for this sort of thing. There are pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If it matters, I am attaching wooden boxes to concrete/brick. I have some iron brackets for the boxes to rest on. I would rather not drill into the wooden boxes themselves.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you want to attach the brackets to the concrete you have to predrill your holes an use an anchor system or concrete screws call tapcons. That concrete looks very old so make sure to buy plenty of bits for this job use the right drill. GL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts