DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, using AZEK on my porch project.

along the way, I've managed to smack the hammer into it, causing a quarter sized dimple. Wondering if anyone can suggest the best way to hide the dimple.
I am guessing spackle, sand, prime, and paint. Wasn't planning on painting this stuff, but after doing a # of searches, it appears many do paint it, and covering nail holes (haven't read about too many w/ my problem) is one of the reasons people do.

Any suggestions on the best type of spackle, paint (I will keep it white) to use? Thanks!

·
old guy contractor
872 Posts
Try some heat on the elephant tracks to see if they'll come out.
Spackle might telegraph them even more.

I've used Trim Bond with good success at retaining the bright white.
Regular caulking tends to yellow.

·
Not so new
968 Posts
I use bondo for nail holes. Dont see why it would'nt work for hammer marks. Might want to rough them up with a little sand paper.

Azek is painted quite a lot. I believe you want a high quality latex.

·
Stairguy
737 Posts
i have learned the best way to get out any gouges in azec or any pvc material is with a heat gun. Dewalt makes one that will go up to i think 1700 degrees. if you heat up the area it will fuse back to the original spot. I learned this as an experiment. I was trying to bend a piece of 1x8 pvc around a 37" radius so i bought this heat gun and tried heating it up. Surprisingly it worked by the way. But along the way i noticed that once it was heated, any imperfections or dents were totally gone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts