DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm looking to turn a half bath and office into a full bathroom.

The project is on the second floor of an older house. I'm wondering if there's anyway to re plumb everything from within the new room. I plan to remove the current floor hoping I'll be able to access everything I need but I'm not sure if I'll be able to move drain lines within the floor

·
Naildriver
16,960 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Can you post a drawing of your proposed bathroom as compared to what you have, now? Is there a wall between the office and half bath? Your largest problem will be running drain lines across joists. Cutting a joist is not advised. You may have to actually pull the floor to see how you can run your piping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums. Can you post a drawing of your proposed bathroom as compared to what you have, now? Is there a wall between the office and half bath? Your largest problem will be running drain lines across joists. Cutting a joist is not advised. You may have to actually pull the floor to see how you can run your piping.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Writing

Sorry for the crude sketch, at work without any pictures of the space. I'm looking to add a bathtub on this space in any arrangement that would work. I'm able to move into the office as much as necessary as the rest of the space will be turned into a walk in closet for the adjoining bedroom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts