DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Is anyone able to tell what is happening to my shower floor? It's porcelain tile that has had this "haze" effect ever since I bought the unit in 2017. Is it salvageable? Am I able to remedy myself? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Road surface Tile flooring Rectangle Wood Flooring

·
Naildriver
16,978 Posts
You may want to try to remove it chemically. This product does a good job, but be sure to read and heed the directions as it is an acid.

·
Remodel and New Build GC
11,293 Posts
Looks like dirt to me....have you tried scrubbing it with cleaners.....maybe it is haze, and chandlers light acid should work if it is cementious.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Well, you can't make it worse... I'd try cleaning the crap out of it. Try Barkeeper's Friend. Try straight bleach. Try liquid shock from a pool store (same as bleach only stronger). Try muriatic acid (the real stuff, not the watered down safety crap from the big box store). Try a scouring stick. Try abrasive blasting it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help. I wish all it took was a good cleaning, but I have tried all of your commercial cleaners. I am going to try some of the stronger solutions that you have suggested. If the floor tile is unsalvageable, am I able to simply remove the floor tile and replace it? Does the entire shower need to be re-waterproofed/re-tiled?

·
Naildriver
16,978 Posts
It is not simple to pull up flooring in a shower and replace it. It can be done, but I would attempt to clean it before I would replace it. Clean it to where it is acceptable and live with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts