DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm redoing a room and removing as much of the conduit as possible. I've left a good 5 feet of wire sticking out from the conduit stubs where the conduit goes from above the t-bar down through the masonry to the plug outlets (conduit cannot be removed).
The conduit was used as the ground and there is no ground wire in the emt. I want to avoid fishing down a ground wire to each outlet in this old building.

Is there any way that I can maintain the conduit as my grounding path while using a piece of flex to go from the 1/2" emt stub coming out of the brick wall to a 4"x4" JB? Do connectors exist for this combination?

Can I use some sort of metal compression strap on the conduit with a bare ground ty-wrapped to the flex and then brought into the 4"x4" JB and then grounded with the other ground wires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up doing that and I'm installing an 1110 utility box on the conduit stub with a metal flex going to a jb. I also put a ground wire from the 1110 to the jb because there was ample room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.