DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need some advice re: planting some groundcover. I currently have a lawn that has a severe slope down to a sidewalk. It faces west and has very little to no shade throughout the day. Thus, grass is difficult to maintain throughout the summer (plus it's difficult to mow due to the slope).

Does anyone have any advice for a groundcover that I could plant? This is for central Indiana and I need something hardy that won't need replanted next year. I would like to keep the cost down. I'm guessing that the total area is around 150-200 sq ft.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hi

I need some advice re: planting some groundcover. I currently have a lawn that has a severe slope down to a sidewalk. It faces west and has very little to no shade throughout the day. Thus, grass is difficult to maintain throughout the summer (plus it's difficult to mow due to the slope).

Does anyone have any advice for a groundcover that I could plant? This is for central Indiana and I need something hardy that won't need replanted next year. I would like to keep the cost down. I'm guessing that the total area is around 150-200 sq ft.

Thanks in advance!
That's not much area so you aren't looking at big $. I've seen low-growing junipers used as ground cover. They like sun too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.