DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys Quick question
Is it ok to have equipment ground wires connected to neutral bus? There was no equipment ground bar. Neutral, ground and panel were bonded. It was the main panel

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
but take note. Each wire must be in it's own terminal. You cannot double up the neutrals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you double up on the grounds? The reason I ask is that I am missing several set screws, and I can't seem to find replacements anywhere, so I have grounds sharing spots.

Any idea where to find 5/16" fine thread set screws?

·
Banned
2,487 Posts
Can you double up on the grounds? The reason I ask is that I am missing several set screws, and I can't seem to find replacements anywhere, so I have grounds sharing spots.

Any idea where to find 5/16" fine thread set screws?
Yes you can generally double up grounds of the same size. Go buy another ground bar and use the screws from it.

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
the only caveat to doubling on the grounds and generally not a concern but to double upon grounds, the terminals have to be rated for more than one wire.

that info should be on the panel door or wherever the general info is posted within the panel.

most panels seem to have terminals rated for more than one wire for the ground bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts