DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Resi EC
480 Posts
I did notice that all your loads are 240v, or larger.
If you don't mind where are you?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
By implying I'm not in right of doing electrical tasks deciding not to help me and not explaining, but mostly for posting a million post then not helping at all.
If you have something discouraging to say, keep it to yourself. No need posting things such as, "I won't help you". Not helping anyone on earth.

·
Resi EC
480 Posts
:laughing:

I know that Canada has a whole different set of codes.
Maybe someone can educate us both.:yes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think, the only code that has been used here is "cut to fit, paint to match". Just by looking at the breaker box it shows there's no love put into it.

·
Licensed Electrical Cont.
7,829 Posts
By implying I'm not in right of doing electrical tasks deciding not to help me and not explaining, but mostly for posting a million post then not helping at all.
If you have something discouraging to say, keep it to yourself. No need posting things such as, "I won't help you". Not helping anyone on earth.
WOW! So you got offended because I stood by my principles????
Simply amazing.

·
A "Handy Husband"
11,829 Posts
Does standing by your principles include treating others like pieces of doo doo?
I do not think SP treated you badly. But you sure are putting off other possibele responders with you snarky attitude.:(

Reactions: Jim Port

·
Master Electrician
1,165 Posts
Ok so fellow Canadian. Here's the rules here. A homeowner may pull a permit and or do work on their own home. Any other form must be performed by a licensed electrician. Anyone other than the homeowner pulling a permit must be a licensed electrical contractor with insurance with a masters license or have someone working for them with a masters license.

In this case or sounds like someone already went at the place who didn't have a license. How many units are there. What type of complex is it. The water pipe may have been the only ground if its old enough and you may need some serious electrical work done now.

For the record and not intending to be rude but legally you can't do this work no matter who's permission you have. Realistically if its an easy fix you'll likely get help here still though. Get back with the building type. That will tell the story of how big an issue this really is.

·
Master Electrician
1,165 Posts
Also that panel is strange. I've seen one like it before. It looks more like its an old distribution board. You live in a renovated industrial space perchance?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts