DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small 12 x 12 cement patio area. I need help in determining where and how I should place my Weber grill so that when I'm grilling the smoke doesn't go in everyones face who is sitting down.

I have a few extra pavers like the ones shown. Should I make a semi circle type of design on the side and put it there?

Attachments

·
Jack of all trades
74 Posts
If it was me I would put it where that flower pot is. Then it will be away from the house. Can't really control the smoke unless you can control the wind.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
danrb007 said:
If it was me I would put it where that flower pot is. Then it will be away from the house. Can't really control the smoke unless you can control the wind.
The grill is normally right in the middle. We pit it next to the house when it's not in use.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Do you have a prevailing wind direction? If you don't make a perticular spot for it and it remains mobile, you can move it around a best needed.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vsheetz said:
Do you have a prevailing wind direction? If you don't make a perticular spot for it and it remains mobile, you can move it around a best needed.
Yes wind usually blows West which is directly behind that solar dog I have there.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You may wish to rethink putting a charcoal grill anywhere close to the mulch.

I've used the charcoal Webers for ..well ....decades and you have to be

careful with errant sparks ect especially on windy days.

How about locating it to a spot in the yard away from your patio and guests,

you could put in a circular pad of rock ect and trim around it with roundup

You'll never get away from the smoke with grilling just not possible ,

goes for the eyes every time .Heh Heh

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
It's a shame those grills don't come with wheels on them to make them easy to move around as the wind direction changes. I think you could use a wind-sock just to confirm any doubts you may have as to the direction of the wind.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd put it as far away from the house as possible; either corner, or the center is fine. Or just check the wind conditions, and position the grill accordingly. If you have a lot of guests over, just move the grill onto the lawn. Oh, and the patio furniture looks comfortable!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
suprvee said:
I'd put it as far away from the house as possible; either corner, or the center is fine. Or just check the wind conditions, and position the grill accordingly. If you have a lot of guests over, just move the grill onto the lawn. Oh, and the patio furniture looks comfortable!
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
High Gear said:
You may wish to rethink putting a charcoal grill anywhere close to the mulch.

I've used the charcoal Webers for ..well ....decades and you have to be

careful with errant sparks ect especially on windy days.

How about locating it to a spot in the yard away from your patio and guests,

you could put in a circular pad of rock ect and trim around it with roundup

You'll never get away from the smoke with grilling just not possible ,

goes for the eyes every time .Heh Heh
I'm looking for more of a permanent placement of the grill based on my limited space. Where it's safe.

·
DIY Hack
1,306 Posts
The only thing i would suggest changing is moving the grill to the other corner on that same side, further from the house. Not that you'll burn down the house, but just to help keep the smoke from making the siding black or blowing into the window that looks pretty close to it

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mr Chips said:
The only thing i would suggest changing is moving the grill to the other corner on that same side, further from the house. Not that you'll burn down the house, but just to help keep the smoke from making the siding black or blowing into the window that looks pretty close to it
Then I risk burning the spruce trees.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mr Chips said:
Wind direction is rarely towards the home.

·
DIY Hack
1,306 Posts
Then I risk burning the spruce trees.
Then you are using way too much lighter fluid!! :laughing:

Personally, I'd move it further from house. if you are happy with it where it is and it works for your needs, happy grilling!!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr Chips said:
Then you are using way too much lighter fluid!! :laughing:

Personally, I'd move it further from house. if you are happy with it where it is and it works for your needs, happy grilling!!
:) thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts