DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Its good to be apart of this forum. I have been an electrician for fifteen years in California. I've seen it all. I've worked in Vegas, New Jersey, Mexico (prfessionally), Italy and France (non-professionally). Feel free to ask me any questions you may have regarding your home or business. I live in Italy now and this is a great outlet for me to advise others on the very necessary and sometimes costly area of electrical convenience and necessity. I look forward to your questions. I do enjoy a good challenge.

Cheers,

Adam

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Hello everyone,

Its good to be apart of this forum. I have been an electrician for fifteen years in California. I've seen it all. I've worked in Vegas, New Jersey, Mexico (prfessionally), Italy and France (non-professionally). Feel free to ask me any questions you may have regarding your home or business. I live in Italy now and this is a great outlet for me to advise others on the very necessary and sometimes costly area of electrical convenience and necessity. I look forward to your questions. I do enjoy a good challenge.

Cheers,

Adam
Most professionals don't give advice. And even less openly solicit DIY questions.
Do you have a license in any of these places you mention?

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your insight.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Welcome! More professional electrial advice is certainly welcomed here. I am not a pro, but have something like 40 years of DIY experience with 11 houses I've owned, including one my wife and I built almost entirely by ourselves. It really scares me sometimes to read posts from people with electrical questions who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. Bad plumbing gets you wet; bad electrical work gets you dead.

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
Most professionals don't give advice. And even less openly solicit DIY questions.
Do you have a license in any of these places you mention?

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your insight.
Huh? Me, speedy petey, micromind, French electrician, and others who I can't think of at the moment are all pro's and have all freely given advice.

·
A "Handy Husband"
13,696 Posts
Huh? Me, speedy petey, micromind, French electrician, and others who I can't think of at the moment are all pro's and have all freely given advice.
I think the French Electrician has left the room.

·
A "Handy Husband"
13,696 Posts
Like in permanently? I hope not but I guess we all will eventually.
Not really sure. I know he was injured and his significant other posted for him for a time. Then he seemed to vanish. Maybe others from ET have more info.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I said most. Many give advice when they encounter a possible serious situation. Some just give it freely.
I would think most guys want to sell the service not give it away for free.
I mean guys complain about Lowe's and Home Depot, yet come here and tell people how to use the products they buy in those stores.

There is also something to be said regarding "liability". :whistling2:

·
Banned
2,487 Posts
I don't mind helping DIYs on small stuff. Do it yourself is the American way, or it used to be anyway. What I won't do is help a handyhack that's doing it for money. Things like pool wiring I try to recommend a professional do due to the extreme risk.

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
I said most. Many give advice when they encounter a possible serious situation. Some just give it freely.
I mean guys complain about Lowe's and Home Depot, yet come here and tell people how to use the products they buy in those stores.

me, and the other pro's, are here because we are willing to give free advice. If we were not willing, I would guess we just wouldn't post.

but to the rest: I work for an electrical contractor but I freely give advice on a nearly daily basis to those that ask.

as to liability; if it ever comes to it I'll deal with it. I don't see it as being a concern that I cannot handle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome! More professional electrial advice is certainly welcomed here. I am not a pro, but have something like 40 years of DIY experience with 11 houses I've owned, including one my wife and I built almost entirely by ourselves. It really scares me sometimes to read posts from people with electrical questions who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. Bad plumbing gets you wet; bad electrical work gets you dead.
I would add to the bad plumbing could make you stink...

·
Registered
714 Posts

I answer questions for DIY's if I feel they are not in over their head. I also give advice to other electricians freely. I have no issue sharing knowledge.

I do not complain about Lowes or HD. If those guys want to whine then they need to sub out all Automotive work, landscaping including mowing the grass, cleaning gutters all of which can be dangerous.

DIY'ers are not going to put us out of business.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts