DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Goodman make a air handler for split 1 1/2T heat pump specifically
Sized for 1 1/2 ton? Their website is confusing as they show coding for a 1 1/2T
But can't see it listed as available. Do they mean for you to use one rated for 2 or 2 1/2T.

Thanks
JM

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob
Thanks. It was Alpine I was looking at and for some reason did not get to the right area on their site. Is Alpine a highly rated business of this type? I know their are a few others but seems I read somewhere in DIY that alpine was the best of the bunch.

Thanks
Jim

·
Banned
14,506 Posts
Bob
Thanks. It was Alpine I was looking at and for some reason did not get to the right area on their site. Is Alpine a highly rated business of this type? I know their are a few others but seems I read somewhere in DIY that alpine was the best of the bunch.

Thanks
Jim
I just bought/installed a 4 ton Goodman heat pump from Alpine this summer. Good service, and fast shipping.

The website is well set up and provides all matched items, along with pretty detailed install/spec manuals in pdf form (free for download at any time).

They will even honor the warranty on a self install so long as you have a certified tech do the initial checks and start up.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Does Goodman make a air handler for split 1 1/2T heat pump specifically
Sized for 1 1/2 ton? Their website is confusing as they show coding for a 1 1/2T
But can't see it listed as available. Do they mean for you to use one rated for 2 or 2 1/2T.

Thanks
JM
The only A/H they make specifically in the 1.5 ton size is the AWUF:

https://www.acwholesalers.com/Goodm..._-UKYCI9mmf1_R5LtgfxR1CS4R-e8G66BqhoCS9Hw_wcB

Note however, that the airflow is close to that of a 2 ton.

They specify a 2T size for all the other models (for use with the 1.5 ton condensers) as do most other manufacturers.

·
Administrator
42,498 Posts
The ARUF25B14 is a good unit to match to a GSZ140181 1.5 ton heat pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.