DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Goodman GMP075-3 Serial # 9401003861. When I turn on the A/C unit the outside unit comes on but the Goodman blower motor on the furnace will not start. I called a tech out and he got it started and said it was the relay on the control board but he did not replace the board. He tapped it and said 90% of the time that would take care of the problem.

But the next day the blower motor would not start again. (During the heat of the day, the attic gets hot and that is when the blower won't start. It does seem to start at night when the attic cools down.)

The tech indicated that if I still have the problem the board will need to be replaced at $325. Is that a reasonable cost or can I buy a board for this unit and replace it myself? How would I go about replacing the board? Thanks for the help! Jim

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
If it does not start the AC will freezeup and will get damaged. Get it replaced ASAP and the price is reasonable. The tech is a bit of a dope, tapping the relay NEVER solves the problem just delays it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts