DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a Goodman AC and Furnace. When I set the thermostat to cool or heat they both don’t work. I checked the breaker and it is fine. I tested the fuses on the AC unit and they are fine. The odd thing is the fan on the furnace runs continuously. It runs on auto or on. When I switch the thermostat to off it still runs. I opened up the furnace and found a small purple fuse labeled “E” that was blown. Replaced it but it did not resolve the issue. Any help would be great. It has been super hot in CA this weekend!!!!

·
Administrator
41,937 Posts
Thats not an E. looks like one, but its not. Its a 3, as in 3 amp.

Check to see if the new fuse blew. if so, you have a low voltage short.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so yes the 3 amp fuse continues to blow. But I did get the furnace to work this morning. What do I do with a "low voltage short?" Not sure what that means.

Thanks
Eric

·
Administrator
41,937 Posts
Find the cause and repair it.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
check the wires to the outdoor unit. may be damaged from weed whacker, dog chewing, brittle and insulation missing and shorting.

·
Administrator
41,937 Posts
check the wires to the outdoor unit. may be damaged from weed whacker, dog chewing, brittle and insulation missing and shorting.
Another reason I like dogs. :laughing:

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Ka CHING:thumbup:

Weed whackers, rabbits and an errant lawn mower over the liquid line will get ya a visit from a friendly service provider.:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts