DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick search brings up no discussion. Im surprised nobody asked this question. And sorry to bring it here but figured there are many heads here thinking all kinds.:smile:
Over the years, it looked like good mattresses were heavy. I just bought Beautyrest Recharge twin size (from Sears - about $700 mattress only and extra for delivery) and it is light. Recharge line costs more and that is about all I got for judging a good mattress, despite reading and searching about it over the years. Is it old thinking that heavy mattress is good? Are springs made with lighter metal or something?

·
Registered
244 Posts
A foam mattress is very light. Latex is the heaviest of all. Both come without springs. A classic spring mattress weighs somewhere in between. There are hybrids as well.

Did my homework because of a recent purchase :wink2:

·
A "Handy Husband"
14,109 Posts
Sleep Number bed. Had it for about 3 years now and love it. Only downside is the $$$$$$

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all replies. The ad says individually wrapped springs. Wanted to get better mattresses for the kids but research never helps with mattresses. Hopefully Sears carries true mattresses. Will report back in 10 yrs.:smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.