DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be a daddy. Just found out yesterday so it is still early, but we've been trying for a while so this is welcome news. It'll be my first! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Awesome! Congrats my friend. We are expecting #3 in a few weeks. Nothing like it. It's a lot of fun.

·
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it too early to ask about plans for the nursery? LOL
Yeah, we have the room but it is currently my office. I'm getting booted out of there in the coming months and will have to do some painting once we know if it is a boy or a girl. That'll be a while though.

Told my wife last night that I didn't know whether to jump for joy and then puke or to puke and then jump for joy!

·
1,233 Posts
I'd go for puke then jump!

Congrats...and best to the new parents 2 be....

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Told my wife last night that I didn't know whether to jump for joy and then puke or to puke and then jump for joy!
Just jump for joy. The baby will do enough puking for the two of you. lol

·
Safe, Most of the Time!!
662 Posts
Your life is about to be changed forever. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts

·
Safe, Most of the Time!!
662 Posts
I would have to assume you will have a new avatar soon. My daughter and son in law used to send us pitchers of their dogs all the time until they gave us a grandson.

·
1,233 Posts
I would have to assume you will have a new avatar soon. My daughter and son in law used to send us pitchers of their dogs all the time until they gave us a grandson.
I'm guessing they don't know that the zipper knee has trumped the grand kids for your avatar? just kidding...:thumbup:

·
Idiot Emeritus
1,910 Posts
Congratulations, KC!

From what I've read of your posts here, I think you'll make a great dad. You have a pretty good handle on when to be flexible, and when to dig your heels in. Every human (kids especially) needs boundaries, but every human will (and should) rebel against excessive, or lack of, control.

For the first year or so, dad certainly can be involved, but mom is the refrigerator. lol. When JR starts crawling/ walking/ talking/ exploring his world, that's when the real fun begins. We still have our cute little family words and phrases. For example, it isn't cement, it's nement. This originated when my oldest was about 2, and helping me pour some fenceposts with concrete. Stuff like this went a long way toward getting us through the rough spots.

I remember when my oldest was born (he'll be 25 next month!!). My wife was a nurse, and wanted me to be in the delivery room. I really didn't think much of the idea, but went along anyway.

After cradling my son in my arms when he was less that 1 minute old, there was absolutely nothing that could have kept me from being there for the other two babies. There's no feeling anywhere like holding your very own newborn! It just doesn't get any better than that!

Best to ya!

Rob

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
How wonderful! Congrats kc.

You are about to experience the best thing that a human being can ever experience, parenthood.

Not easy, sometimes you will wish you just should had adopted a puppy......:laughing:

Now you have work to do.......get painting..........lol

And don't forget to get lots of sleep........and do whatever the mom to be ask of you.........

Now she is going to be a YUMMY MUMMY........

1 - 20 of 44 Posts