DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take this piece of glass out and put in a different piece; however, it's glued on to the frame of the door. Wut kind of adhesive removal could I use that wouldn't affect the current finish on the door frame?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
You're sure it is glued in there? Glass in never glued into a frame like that. Never say never Bud!:no:

Is it broken now?

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
Thinking the same thing. There are no "glazing" clips on the back side or some sort of molding holding it in place?

If someone did glue it on you are probably going to have to break the glass to get it off. Make sure to use tape to keep shards from going everywhere. Then all you can do is try and remove the glue with as much care as you can and a sharp scraper or something. If it is construction adhesive you have a chore ahead of you.

·
Mold!! Let's kill it!
2,849 Posts
Yeah, I've seen them set in a bead of rubber cement to keep the glass from rattling. Best you can do (that I've found) is break the glass out and use a utility knife and a sharp wood chisel to scrape the glue off. It's tedious and you can't rush it. Wear safety glasses and gloves because you'll have tiny bits of broken glass. You might want to tape the finish sides of the door with painters tape to keep them from getting scratched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts