DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new home and recieved a Honeywell IAQ (YTH9421C1002) from a family member who works at Honeywell. The furnace installer did not know how to install the IAQ with the furnace so put his own thermostat on. The Gibson(Nordyne) furnace is a SC92 and has the following connections:
R
C
Y
G
W

the AC is hooked up to C & Y.

I am able to get the furnace to run, but not the humidifer which only needs a 24v red wire/white wire to turn on the solenoid valve. I don't want to post what I wired to skew any answers.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do want to use the IAQ stat since the original one didn't have humidity control built it.
The humidifer is a Skuttle 2100

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes there is an outdoor sensor, and the humidifer doesn't have a transformer, unless you use the humidistat that comes with it, but I want to use the Honeywell stat instead.

·
AKA HVACTECHFW
2,426 Posts
G/F-------------------- C/M------------------------ A/C

R-------------------------R
C-------------------------C--------------------EITHER WIRE FROM A/C
W-------------------------W
G--------------------------G
Y--------------------------Y-------------------EITHER WIRE FROM A/C

hum1 to
r right above it
hum2 to solenoid valve
C also to other side
of solenoid valve

out1 and out2
to outdoor sensor

Preferably it would be hooked up differently using a 20va transformer to provide power for the hum. this would ensure that you were not robbing power from the furnace which on some furnaces has caused problems

I have this stat and install this stat all the time, I LOVE IT!!!!

let me know if you need help with the setup functions

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The furnace kicked on(which is good considering it was -2F this morning). I can't tell about the humidifer right now, but I'll update on that. Thanks for your help!!!

·
AKA HVACTECHFW
2,426 Posts
in setup you only want the hum to run with the furnace. also you can check operation by going to the test function in setup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The humidifer doesn't seem to be working. I have one of the solenoid wires to C on the module, and the other to hum2, and hum1 jumped to RH. I may check the valve, by wiring 20v straight into it.

·
AKA HVACTECHFW
2,426 Posts
The humidifer doesn't seem to be working. I have one of the solenoid wires to C on the module, and the other to hum2, and hum1 jumped to RH. I may check the valve, by wiring 20v straight into it.
check for 24v between hum 2 and c when it is calling for humidification

1 - 16 of 16 Posts