DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I installed them last summer I've been asking my dear sweet husband to remember to turn the ceiling fans on our front porch off when he goes inside. I have repeatedly come home to find them on, but have held back from complaining about it.

A few nights ago, I turned off the ceiling fan in our bedroom and returned a few moments later and it was on. :eek: Finally, my 200 year old house is haunted.

Or...... we discovered that the remote transmitter in our bedroom is on the same channel as one on the front porch. I did remember to put the two on the front porch on different channels.... but I put the remote in the bedroom 3 years ago and didn't think about it. Thankfully, I got remotes with four channels, so I just need to pull one of the remotes and receivers.

:laughing::laughing:

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Always blame the husband!!!
Thats what my wife does, and it works for her!

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
jbfan, that is why I chase the wife & kid out of the house when I do major electrical work. She blamed me for the bath remodel taking too long. Not my fault that the vanity took six weeks to get, not the two as promised. I can tell you this, that I feel sorry for the person on the other end that got the best out of my wife, due to the delay.

·
Semi-Pro Electro-Geek
3,403 Posts
I had a similar problem, but with my neighbor's fan as the "second controller" for my master bedroom fan and light! Took close to a year to figure out where the interference was coming from.

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Remember this----the setting must be changed with the power off and the battery out of the remote or the damn thing will "remember" the old settings.

I learned that after being on hold for half an hour.----Mike----

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
Replace the switches with timers - end of problem. Throw those damned remotes in the trash.

We have a TV with a DVD player that takes three friggen remotes to operate the system.:) I could fix the whole mess with one shotgun.:)

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
What size shot gun works best for adjusting ceiling fans?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
random RF signals might be starting the fans...have surround sound system with canal boat traffic had it a 35 once went to 80 almost blew my windows out....nephew had his remote controlled cars on top of a dresser as the jets were approchingJFK and transmitting the cars were flying off the dresser..

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Well a 4-10 will fix it but if you want some real satisfaction use a 10 gauge.:)
Sounds like too much collateral damage with a 10 gage!:jester:

·
I=E/R
2,052 Posts
What size shot gun works best for adjusting ceiling fans?
It depends on what is painted on each blade. If they are ducks then a 12 gauge is plenty but remember you have to use steel shot.
If they are dove or quail then my choice would be a 20 gauge.
Just think how much fun this would be with a three speed fan.:laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts