DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light and outlets in my hot tub room stopped working. Figured my GFCI went bad so I put a new one in. Green light on so I figured I did everything right, still no lights or power to other receptacles. Thought I'd switch and use a standard receptacle and everything works. I want a GFCI there, so what am I missing?

·
Usually Confused
9,159 Posts
Did you reset it? I believe most are shipped 'tripped' and you have to push the reset button once installed and powered up. Did you connect power to the 'line' terminals and the lights/outlets to the 'load' terminals?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know these GFCI's are sensitive and I noticed some white corrosion on copper ground on a receptacle. Could that be whats not allowing things to work? If so shouldn't my GFCI light be red?

·
Super Moderator
16,917 Posts
The instructions should tell you what the red and green light mean. Did you connect the incoming power to the line terminals?

·
A "Handy Husband"
14,120 Posts
You connected the white / black that read 120 to the line terminals? And the other black/whites to the load terminals?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.