DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I vote for ground pin up. Most of the GFCI outlets I work with are outside where I use long extension cords. When working with a weed eater for example, I occasionally reach the full length of the cord and give it a tug. The plug seems to drift out of the socket less with the ground pin up.

·
Electrician
1,393 Posts
Jbmister welcome to the forum. This thread is almost 6 years old, hopefully they have figured out which direction to put there GFI by now.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you Google for Outlet Corrector, you'll find that he's shilling for his own crowd funding effort (looking for $50K) to make such a device. (Seems to have since taken it down). I did see the page yesterday. A plug-in GFCI and USB charger with the back pins "upside-down". $50K seems a little low to make such a device since getting it UL listed would probably take most of that budget.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I have an "outlet corrector". It's called a screwdriver. 3-5 minutes and I can correct any receptacle whether it is pin up or pin down. A no cost solution.

There are also adapters already on the market that have rotatable receptacles in them, that he would be competing against. He will be going into what I believe will be a very small segment of the market, and he is not the first one in.

I also saw his product on the fund me site. In the 2 days it had been up, no one contributed to it. Hot ideas get the first contributions within hours.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts