DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running buried 4/0,4/0,2/0 from meter loop to a metal building. Unfortunate, I wasn't able to run conduit through the slab, so have to bring the cable up on the outside of the building and then go through the wall to the sub-panel on the interior. What's the best way to transition from outside to inside. Can't really bend cable that large at 90 degrees. I want the cable to come up right next to the exterior wall. Thinking there might be some sort of box that has lugs where I can connect outside and then just do a sort run through wall into sub-panel bus bar. Thanks.

·
Licensed electrician
13,405 Posts
An LB would make that bend. What cable did you run?

·
A "Handy Husband"
11,845 Posts
If it is a subpanel in the building, you need 4 wire feed not 3 wire.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is 600V AL UD cable like Southwire Sweetbriar. 4/0 phase conductors, 2/0 neutral. Yes, I'm running #6 copper for ground for total of 4 cables. Seems like using an LB would require too tight of a bend. Not sure I can bend those cables at 90 degrees without damage. Maybe I just need a bigger LB.

rjniles... why not try helping out instead of being such a d#*k.

·
A "Handy Husband"
11,845 Posts
Because every thing you said in the earlier post says you will do what you want regardless of code. Besides I like being a dork, especially to another dork.

Reactions: 123pugsy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your best bet here for making the 90 through a wall is to purchase a proper, listed, 4 conductor cable assembly and run it through a pipe up the wall and then in to an LB that stubs in to your panel.

·
Master Electrician
4,603 Posts
This is 600V AL UD cable like Southwire Sweetbriar. 4/0 phase conductors, 2/0 neutral. Yes, I'm running #6 copper for ground for total of 4 cables. Seems like using an LB would require too tight of a bend. Not sure I can bend those cables at 90 degrees without damage. Maybe I just need a bigger LB.

rjniles... why not try helping out instead of being such a d#*k.
I bend 4/0 conductors into 2" LB's all the time. Do them one at a time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts