DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an issue with the house we just bought where the dogs Pissed and crapped everywhere especially on the basement floor which is concrete. we cleaned it all up at the stench is horrible any way of getting the smell out of there without masking it thank you.

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
If the concrete was not sealed then the urine and whatever has seeped well into the concrete. But mixtures such as CB mentioned should soak in just as well. I've never had to deal with concrete but other materials where I could soak them it worked fine. Google "removing urine smell from concrete" and lots of options.

Bud

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
I had that problem with a rental in apartments I managed. Only it was horrible cigarette stink. It was so bad brown nicotine stains ran down the windows.

I bought an odor blocking paint from SW. it wasn’t cheap and it was not the stain blocker. My maintenance person rolled it on the concrete floor and it solved the problem..

·
Registered
459 Posts
The methods I would try are bleach for concrete surfaces, and hydrogen peroxide for wood surfaces. Spray these on in massive quantities. Use a garden sprayer, and then brush them in thoroughly with a broom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.