DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.......so I'm in need of a CH2100L breaker to replace my broken one, but no one has them new anymore. I can find a used one, but i'd like to find someplace that can properly test them. Anyone know of someplace thats reputable?

·
Licensed Electrician
4,352 Posts
Why can't you use the newer style 100A main? All you need is the clip that holds the breaker down. Its a plastic clip that screws into the back of the panel to hold the main breaker in place.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Guys.......so I'm in need of a CH2100L breaker to replace my broken one, but no one has them new anymore. I can find a used one, but i'd like to find someplace that can properly test them. Anyone know of someplace thats reputable?
Any refurbished breaker for resale should have already been load tested. If all you can find are truly used, not refurbished, models I would advise to pursue the route kbuz has suggested.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why can't you use the newer style 100A main? All you need is the clip that holds the breaker down. Its a plastic clip that screws into the back of the panel to hold the main breaker in place.
So the new smaller ch2100 will work? I thought main breakers were different.....

·
Licensed Electrician
4,352 Posts
So the new smaller ch2100 will work? I thought main breakers were different.....
I hope someone else confirms what I am saying since its been a while since I replaced a CH main, but from what I remember, you can use either style, but if you use the smaller breaker, you need the plastic rejection clip to hold the breaker in place. If I'm not mistaken, the reason for those breakers taking up both sides of the buss bar is to prevent you from installing additional breakers due to the fact those stabs are rated for 100A max.

·
Licensed electrician
13,396 Posts
A dealer in obsolete breakers should be able to get what you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts