DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need advice

got a geothermal compass gx series. I have master suite bathroom on the south end of home.

The kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine and sink in laundry room, half bathroom all on main floor, and full bath on the second story on the north. house is plumbed with pex piping.

in the master bath there will be a sok overflow tub that will hold 147 gallons of water..the walk in shower will have body sprays plus rain shower head..will have two sinks in master bathroom and of course a toilet.

I live in Missouri, and Farmers electric coop will sell me a bradford and white 40 or 50 gallon hot water heater for $100 each..an 80 gallon will cost 500.

My questions are:

1: I need a buffer tank for the desuperheater..will a hot water tank supply the needed hot water for the south side of the house (master bathroom)? Should I use a tankless hot water heater like rinnai? maybe 2? no the shower and tub wont be used at the same time.

2: will a 50 gallon hot water heater take care of the north side of house..see above.. I am divorced and the most people occupying the place at one time will be 4 or 5..me and my 3 kids and possibly their friends. ok, maybe 7 people..only on weekends.

3: I live in the country and have a 1500 gallon septic tank and a lagoon..will this cause a problem?

Please advise me! All comments and questions are welcome!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts