DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I changed the water filter in my GE Side by Side model#23 refrigerator & now I cannot get any water. It worked fine before I changed the filter but immediately after changing the filter I have not been able to get water from the door spout & the ice maker is not getting any water. I did not change anything in the fridge other than the filter. I read the owners manual & tried all the suggestions with no luck. I have tried to unplug the fridge & then wait a minute & plug it back in but that did not help. I have tried to turn the water supply off & then back on but that did not help. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try or any fixes for this issue? thanks

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Don't know the machine but I'm pretty sure there is a safety switch on the neck of the filter mount that disallows water flow if the cartridge isn't on properly.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know the machine but I'm pretty sure there is a safety switch on the neck of the filter mount that disallows water flow if the cartridge isn't on properly.
Yes you are correct. I took the plastic cover off that shields the water filter canister/bypass plug & then removed the new water filter I had installed & I see there is a plastic tab that I'm assuming gets depressed when either the water filter or bypass plug in installed. When I manually press that little tab, water squirted out. For some reason it is not getting depressed when I put the filter or bypass plug on. Maybe a piece of that plastic tab has broken off & therefor it does not get depressed enough to allow the water to flow. I'm wondering if I can buy a replacement for it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to answer my own question from the above post. I googled for GE fridge parts & found the item I need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts