DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Troubleshooting a GE GSHS6KGZBCSS...

Been experiencing slow water from the door for a few weeks. I've tried 2 different water filters and the bypass plug with no difference. Occasional rattle/whirring/bubbling noise when dispensing water. There are no visible kinks in any of the water lines in the back. It's still making ice just fine, but I'm assuming that is also slower to fill.

Fridge is 10 years old, no other issues with it. City water running through a water softener.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Troubleshooting a GE GSHS6KGZBCSS...

Been experiencing slow water from the door for a few weeks. I've tried 2 different water filters and the bypass plug with no difference. There are no visible kinks in any of the water lines in the back. It's still making ice just fine, but I'm assuming that is also slower to fill.

Fridge is 10 years old, no other issues with it. City water running through a water softener.
How is the water line connected to the supply in the house piping? A lot of installers used saddle valves which are very bad about clogging.

Saddle valve
Scientific instrument Machine Metal Engineering Auto part

I replaced mine with this. Of course, the size depends on the pipe you are tapping into.
Product Camera accessory Automotive lighting Cameras & optics Engineering

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adding one more detail - when the occasional noise occurs, the water lines on the back of the fridge vibrate. My assumption is there's something wrong with a valve/pump, but looking for input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts