DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a GE Electric Dryer model Number DBXR463EDOWW. The dryer is about 5 years old and yesterday the light inside the dryer stopped working. Initially I thought the bulb had burned out but after further realized that the bulb is still good and the dryer is no longer getting hot. I flipped the breakers off and then back on but the dryer still will not produce heat. Is the light stopping working related to the dryer no longer producing heat? The timer, and tumbler are still working. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Appliance repair clinic . Com, They have professional appliance repair technician's on staff to diagnose your problem, all they want is for you to buy parts through them. I've compared their part prices to other and their competitive with Sears

I'm not a professional., But I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think your thermostat went out, I would check YouTube for dryer repair. My dryer went out, but mine is gas, so it was a little different. A multimeter and some snooping around, you should be able to fix'er up!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I experienced the exact same condition in our electric dryer. Turned out I had a breaker go south. Old pushmatic double pole fried on one side. It smelled like a dead mouse of all things so I instinctively dismantled the entire dryer before I considered checking the power supply. Silver lining: the dryer was thoroughly cleaned up just like new inside and out. And I am now less likely to skip trouble shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts