DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to build a removable gazebo off my back porch. my porch is elevated approx 4 ft off the ground. the base is brick. i had an idea that i would build a pocket or lip toward the top of the base with hardware to hold the 2 x 4 or 4 x 4 in the pocket. i think i want the pocket to be made of brick or the veneer to be brick.
the whole south side of the porch is connected to the house. i plan to put a board on the house permanently with posts.

id like to get some thoughts. whether or not anyone has seen anything like this or if ti makes any sense

·
Hammered Thumb
4,164 Posts
i want to build a removable gazebo off my back porch. my porch is elevated approx 4 ft off the ground. the base is brick. i had an idea that i would build a pocket or lip toward the top of the base with hardware to hold the 2 x 4 or 4 x 4 in the pocket. i think i want the pocket to be made of brick or the veneer to be brick.
the whole south side of the porch is connected to the house. i plan to put a board on the house permanently with posts.

id like to get some thoughts. whether or not anyone has seen anything like this or if ti makes any sense
I'm a bit confused. Permanent or movable (everything is removable)? Don't understand the pocket stuff, but why isn't this just going to sit on top of your porch? I am going off a barebones "Toja Grid" system you reference, which is basically brackets for a post structure.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
if you paint your white railing black - you wont see the rust.

paint it with a 4" mini roller, itll be infinately faster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.