DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing the ceiling in the gazebo. Hip roof.
Trim question: Need to trim the corners and around the rafters. The corner pieces came together fairly well but around the rafters I have decent sized gaps to hide behind the trim. Not sure what wood I should use to trim it with. I found a pine trim to use around the bottom where the ceiling meets the header but it is only 1.5 inches. Too small to cover the joints in the corner and around the rafters. I held up a 1x4 - looks bulky around the rafters, but anything in the "trim section" of Lowes looks too wimpy. Wish the wood came in 1/2 x 2 1/2 size. Yeah, I know I could cut it but I'm not wanting to trim the thickness, I just want to buy it, get it up and be done.
Any suggestions?
Whatever I end up using I'm thinking I could stain it the dark color so it contrasts with the ceiling. Ceiling will be stained light/natural and the rest of the gazebo is cedar stained dark tobacco color.
Heres a picture. I circled the 2 areas.
Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.