DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out if this is something I can do, or need repair/replace. Recently something was spilt onto the stove top, I do not know what or how much, but enough so that the burners won't ignite. I was told that it was spilt into the knob portion of the stove top. The clicking sound was ongoing regardless of the position of the knob (off, low, high, ignite, didn't matter... It keeps clicking). At this point I shut off the gas valve for the stove from under. The clicking continues, I play with the knob and a small electrical fire ensues from under the knob I was testing. At this point I unplug the power cord and currently without a working stove. Is this a simple fix? Sounds to me something was shorted.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Trying to figure out if this is something I can do, or need repair/replace. Recently something was spilt onto the stove top, I do not know what or how much, but enough so that the burners won't ignite. I was told that it was spilt into the knob portion of the stove top. The clicking sound was ongoing regardless of the position of the knob (off, low, high, ignite, didn't matter... It keeps clicking). At this point I shut off the gas valve for the stove from under. The clicking continues, I play with the knob and a small electrical fire ensues from under the knob I was testing. At this point I unplug the power cord and currently without a working stove. Is this a simple fix? Sounds to me something was shorted.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Had a similar issue, unplugged the power for about 2-3 weeks. Apparently what ever moisture caused the issue dried out because we plugged it back in and all returned to normal.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Simple.....just take everything apart and clean it.

Yes it all comes apart with simple tools and a little elbow grease.
In my case we did, but for some reason we were missing something. Only the long period worked for us, we actually had been loooking for a new cooktop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.