DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my Luxaire TG9S080B12MP11A. It tries to light three times then blows cold air for minutes. I can reset it with the thermostat and it tries again, sometimes lighting.

Looking at it I get 7 Red flashes and see only two of the four burners start to glow when it tries to start.
I switched their electrical connections and the same two start to glow. I am figuring I have to pull the two to clean them but figured I could take a chance and see if anyone had any sort of other advice before I start unscrewing everything to get them out.

·
Super Moderator
6,954 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Look up the error code in your owners manual and see what it says to do. May just need a good cleaning.

Please wait for the hvac techs to respond. Thanks.

A moderator will probably move this to the hvac forum for you to get better results.

·
Administrator
41,890 Posts
Put the wires back where they were. Good chance the burners and their cross overs are dirty and need cleaned. If it actually lite the first 2 burners.

When you say glowed. Was it an orange glow, or a blue glow. Orange is the HSI. Blue would be a flame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Each time it's always the first two that glow. The second pair doesn't do anything with Either wiring setup.

But it's orange. I can see the flame blue by the two that glow orange, but nothing around the other two, which also happen to be near the flame sensor. Then it all goes dark.
It tries it two more times and then just blows the ambient air.

·
Administrator
41,890 Posts
Burners, burner cross overs, and or orifices need cleaned.

Reactions: ben's plumbing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, is there an easy way to remove the burners?
As far as I can tell I need to pull the gas line off so it's loose and thentake the bottom of the burner shielding off and try to get in and unscrew them.

·
Administrator
41,890 Posts
There is no easy way.

The gas line does need to be disconnected from the valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts