DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to disconnect the the dryer but I’m a little unsure where to place each wrench on the supply side to finish removing the line. Any help is appreciated.
Gas Rectangle Wood Bumper Tool

·
Registered
443 Posts
Put your wrench on the valve and another one on the nut next to it. You're going to push down on the nut to remove it from the valve. You will then have the option to cap off the valve end or buy new flex pipe and fitting for a new install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put your wrench on the valve and another one on the nut next to it. You're going to push down on the nut to remove it from the valve. You will then have the option to cap off the valve end or buy new flex pipe and fitting for a new install.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Red Audio equipment
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Red Audio equipment
Thank you! So, here and here?

·
Registered
443 Posts
No! Disreguard my like. Move over to the left one nut.
You can also remove the flare nut just to the right. But it's better to toss those and start fresh with new flex and fittings.

·
Naildriver
18,593 Posts
It's going to be just as easy for you to find a flare cap in 1/2" (red arrows) as it will be an ipf cap (green arrows), so either way will work for plugging it. BUT, it will be easier to just unscrew the end fitting on the flex and install a flare cap.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes the green arrows. Personnally I prefer to repalce as opposed to reusing flare fitting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts