DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My garage door won't close when using the remotes (most of the time, every once in a while it does).

However, it seems to work fine now that I replaced the two lights bulbs on the garage door opener. The light bulbs being replaced were standard lights bulbs but were frosted.

Does it make sense that light bulbs would fix this problem?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Check the electric eyes at the bottom of the door. Sometime a wire gets loose or something is blocking the beam. (and no, it does not make sense to me that the lightbulbs would make it start working).

·
Registered
46 Posts
LED or compact fluorescent bulbs within close proximity to the receiver (garage door opener) or the transmitter (remote control) or in between the two could potentially interfere. Rare, but possible...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Concrete & Masonry
3,964 Posts
Is that bulbs in the opener itself, or even just bulbs for nearby garage light fixtures?
Sorry for the delay.

I've only seen the issue when the bulbs in the opener themselves have been replace with LED's. Usually, the door will open with LED's because the lights aren't on yet, but the close function won't work until the lights on the opener go off again.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
I wonder if it's something like the hyperflash problem with using LED bulbs in cars' turn signals, where the flasher unit is expecting a certain resistance that the LED bulb doesn't have compared to an incandescent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.