DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I planning on replacing my garage door with a new clopay value plus metal door. I read in the installation manual that the door does not come with a rear brackets, but the old door already has brackets that tracks attach too.

My question is do I need to replace them? they are about 60 years old (I think, not sure if they even had garage doors back then :) ) Appear to be solid. I think they are cold press metal, pretty thick.

pictures attached.

thanks
ipokrov

Attachments

·
Mold!! Let's kill it!
2,849 Posts
They look fine from the pictures. Measure between them and as long as they are in the right position, re-use them. Be sure they are properly attached above the ceiling. A steel strap like that will carry a lot of weight.

·
Registered
37,305 Posts
Those look better then what most people use now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look fine from the pictures. Measure between them and as long as they are in the right position, re-use them. Be sure they are properly attached above the ceiling. A steel strap like that will carry a lot of weight.

Thanks, I will check how they are attached above, I assume that they should be attached properly now. they are currently support an old wood door that I think is heavier than new one. I will measure the distance, but I hope sense I replacing with same size door, the new tracks should be close in size to what I have now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts