DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Gable Attic Fan: question on louvers

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  pauloh 
#1 ·
I looked some tutorials but I'm unclear on when additional flappy louver cover needs to be installed?

Meaning, I have an "A" area of louvers maybe 4 feet across bottom built into the house and there is some frame there to work with. But can the fan blow through the existing louvers or does another hole need to be cut for autoflap louvers? I'm worried this would look silly from the outside. This is my first post and I'm not sure I'm a diy'er yet but I like learning.

#2 ·
I looked some tutorials but I'm unclear on when additional flappy louver cover needs to be installed?

Meaning, I have an "A" area of louvers maybe 4 feet across bottom built into the house and there is some frame there to work with. But can the fan blow through the existing louvers or does another hole need to be cut for autoflap louvers? I'm worried this would look silly from the outside. This is my first post and I'm not sure I'm a diy'er yet but I like learning.
Ok after doing further research it appears this would work although with reduced airflow. However, it appears that with soffits and ridge vents, roof mounted powered vents are recommended so I'd most likely need a contractor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.