DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My furnace won't fire, and I can't figure out why. The exhaust blower starts, and that's all I get.

It has a new board, new blower motor, and the lines going to and from the exhaust are all clean.

It still has gas supply, but never ignites. It doesn't have a pilot light that burns continually, it has an auto-igniter. Could that be the issue?

Thanks,

Jason.

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
check ps . It has to make up b-4 it will fire.. Also could be HSI do you hear gas come out on call for heat ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
abreviations...

well, I don't really know HVAC terms, I just do what I can, so I don't really know what an HSI is, and I'm assuming ps is pressure system?

I'm wondering if there's a bad solenoid, I'll go down there in a bit and listen for gas.

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
ps = pressure switch. This has to make up b-4 firing. There is a hose that comes off the vent motor & connects to the ps.. HSI = hot surface ignitor. It glows red & ignites the gas as it comes out of the burners or pilot assy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
switch!

Pressure switch! I should have known that!

After all the years I spent in mold temperature control units!

I'll check those first.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ps okay...

It makes the PS. I never hear gas start to flow however, so I'm guessing its the solenoid.

It has a Honeywell Smartvalve. Also, the model of the furnace is an Armstrong Ultra 93.

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
O' I'm sorry...you have the dumb valve..It can be checked.. I just don't feel comfortable telling you the easy way check them because of FIRE hazard due to your experence level..

You may need to call a pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts