DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My freedom 80 2 stage furnace is acting up.After many service calls by a Service Tech,nothing is solved. I turn down my thermostat at night to 15 deg.C. and up in the morning to 21 deg.C. By doing that, only the exhaust fan kickes in and not the burner. The pressure switch and thermostat has been replaced,still no burner. The only way to get heat is to switch off the main furnace switch-wait 5 minutes and I get heat.The Technician checked all posible avenues-no answer. Do I need help-you bet I do. Thank you.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Re: Furnace repair.

Does it have a LED in a viewing window in a door which flashes a error code B4 you reset the power?

The code should be on the back of one of the doors or in the manual. Post it.

Post the brand name also and model # and age.

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
You need to post some more info, like the model number and trouble codes. You might also need a new tech.
What is the unit doing during failure? What's been done so far, to try and solve the issue?
Please note, that if you plan on trouble shooting this yourself it may involve working with live gas and electricity and you'll also need tools and a meter, and possibly a manometer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A typical furnace has the following sequence of operation
Thermostat calls for heat
Draft induction fan starts
Pressure switch proves draft
Pilot ignitor arcs
Pilot ignites flame sensor proves pilot flame
Or with a hot surface ignitor; ignitor glows
Gas valve opens burner ignites
Flame sensor proves burner ignition
Blower comes on

I need to know where in this sequence the unit fails

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.