DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone and thank you in advance for your help.

I have a Goodman Dependable 92 furnace that was installed when my house was built in 2002. This mornign it failed to turn on and the house was freezing. I bumped the heat up and the blower motor turns on, as in progression, but it does not ignite and after a minute shuts down. I switch off the power switch for 10mins, turn it back on and it will fire properly. Try to bump the heat again and it goes back to the not firing issue. I checked the fuse in the circuit panel and it is in tact. The red light indicator flashes three times while trying to fire and the blower motor is on. I am unsure where to look from here since I do not have a diagram of the furnace. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Property Mgt/Maint
6,667 Posts
inside the control panel or maybe on the control board itself there is a diognostic key that will tell you what device failed in the start up sequence. Example, 3 red flashes may be open pressure switch.

Clogged drain lines or trap can affect the pressure switch. Bleach and water works good for cleaning the drain lines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.