DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Coleman natural gas furnace. I diagnosed a bad gas vavle (24v from board, gas vavle didn't open) i replaced the gas vavle it worked for a week and then did the same thing. I Cleaned the burners, orifies and flame sensor. And replaced the gas vavle a 2nd time, still doesn't work. Gas has been bled off at the drip leg also so i know there is gas. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I agree about the unlikelihood of back to back gas valve failures.
Stupid questions to get by first.

Those gas valves were set up for nat gas and not propane..right?
How about some photos?????
Is the gas valve switch "on"? Is there a gas cock that's almost off?
Do you have 2lb gas and a faulty pressure regulator near the furnace supplying too high a gas pressure?

Were you measuring the voltage at the valve or on the board?
Does that board have a diagnostic light?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
You really need more data to go off of here. Voltage tells only a small part of the story. Gas pressure on the inlet and outlet of the valve, resistance of the coil and fuel type will tell more.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Ignition lockout. You could be getting gas thru the valve and if the pressure is too low or the igniter is not glowing red hot enough may not light the gas. You need a manometer to check the gas pressures. After 5 posts you can post pics. Post pics of the furnace with the doors off and the burner and control board. Also the model # of furnace.

If you don't provide the proper info and answer the questions we ask you will get poor or no advice.

This is a good one and can be used to check pressure switches also.

http://www.amazon.com/Fieldpiece-SD...&qid=1449845229&sr=8-5&keywords=gas+manometer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.