DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing the draft inducer on my furnace I realized the supply place charged me $100 over the Amazon price. I had no choice but to use the supply place because the model number of my York furnace was not showing up anywhere online and I couldn't risk ordering the wrong part in the winter. So I overpaid $100 for expertise.

I'd like order a backup Flame Sensor Rod, and a backup Pressure switch to keep in case of emergency. I'd love to use Amazon but I'm stuck with not knowing right part to order. I have my York model number and serial number can someone point me to a resource to cross reference the correct part numbers so I don't wayyyyy overpay again for parts? I understand of course the Flame Rod and Pressure switch are not nearly as expensive thus the markup would be lower, but I have two different units for different parts of the house. (in case anyone was curious I paid $350 for the draft inducer the Amazon price was $250.)

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Post the model and serial # as there are people here who sell York.

How old is the furnace?

I have not heard of people having trouble finding York parts.

Try americanhvacparts.com and supplyhouse.com

They should be able to look it up or cross reference.

Flame sensors unless you crack the procelain last 4ever. You clean them with clean steel wool or #800 emory paper.

·
Administrator
42,396 Posts
York has there part number printed on almost every part in your furnace.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yuri I like your avatar, I totally know who that is.. classic show..

So let me be clear.. I don't think I have problem procuring the part if I call any plumbing supply place.. I'd just like to order it myself on Amazon to get the best price since I'm in no rush.. I have two units, one is an 80% and the model is PT9B12N080UP11C serial W0H678099

I didn't get a chance to go up in the attic and get the other model number.

so I want to make sure I order the correct Flame Sensor and Pressure switch for the above York furnace model number. If you guys are telling me that a PART number would be on both devices then I'm an idiot and didn't even think of that..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.